We, at Blessed Patrick O’Loughran P.S. see a value in children engaging in homework as a means of :
• Revising and consolidating work carried out in school
• Discovering information unavailable in school
• Preparing for tests and examinations
• Involving parents in their children’s studies
• Developing the children’s good work habits
Primary 1 – 3
Homework given in years 1, 2 and 3 should be enjoyable and be simply a reinforcement of work covered during the day. It aims to help pupils settle into a pattern of doing homework in preparation for later years at school.
Primary 4 – 7
Homework given in years 4 – 7 will be a reinforcement of work covered during the day, gathering information for a particular subject or topic, preparing and revising for exams.